From Boston and Points North
- Follow Rt. 24 South through Fall River and into Tiverton, RI
- Take second exit after bridge to Portsmouth, RI(Newport Beaches)
Right at end of exit to light. Right at light onto Rt. 138 South (East Main Rd).
- Follow Rt. 138 South until you see a sign for "Newport Beaches". Turn left here onto Aquidneck Avenue (Fleet Bank will be on your right before the turn)
- Follow through 1 light to end and take left at second light.
- Follow this road (Memorial Boulevard) past the beach on your left and up through the center of Newport.
- At the intersection of Memorial Boulevard and Bellevue Avenue, take a left and go about one mile.
- Take a left onto Narragansett Avenue and follow less than 100 yds.
- Take a left onto Clay Street and the Ivy Lodge will be on your right. Parking is available in the lot immediately next to the building.
From Connecticut and Points West
- Follow Rt. 95 North into Rhode Island
- Take Rt. 138 East Exit
- Follow Rt. 138 to Rt. 1. Take left onto Rt. 1
- Follow Rt. 1 until the Newport Bridge (Rt. 138 Exit)
- Go over both bridges and take first exit in Newport (Scenic Newport). Take right at end of ramp.
- At 2nd light, take right onto America's Cup Ave.Follow America's Cup through town until you reach the intersection of America's Cup Avenue and Thames Street (the wave statue will be on your right immediately before this). Follow straight through up the hill on Memorial Blvd.
- Follow Memorial Boulevard up 2 lights to Bellevue Avenue./li>
- Take a right onto Bellevue Avenue and follow about 2/3 mile to Parker Avenue on your left.
- Take a left onto Parker Avenue and follow less than 100 yds.
- Take a right onto Clay Street and the Ivy Lodge will be on your left. Parking is available in the lot immediately next to the building.
Steamship Authority - Serving Martha's Vinyard & Nantucket
Please visit the following web site to see schedules and learn more information about the Steamship Authority's fleet and policies.
Steamship Authority web site